Friday, September 28, 2012

Playing along with a few challenges....a girl in goggles...

 That Charlotte....she's a hoot.  Out of no where she comes around the corner with these goggles on, all ready to go outside at the cottage and play (as if the goggles were required to play outside).  She is quite the character....



I started by painting some streaks of white paint along a straight line.  Then I added bits of washi tapes along the line, too, and some pennants cut out from a piece of paper from the Soleil collection.



I used a wacky circle stencil from TCW and did some mustard colored circles.  I wanted to matte my photo, but have something subtle, so I used a piece of vellum that I stitched and distressed around the edges.  I also punched some hearts right in my photo.


A few stickers, and some fussy cut papers from BG Paper Cottage, and she's just about done.  I added some stickles here and there, too.



Well, I went on a streak without using sketches for a while.  Not intentionally....it just kinda happened.  But I have done a few here and there in the past few weeks, and I remembered HOW MUCH I can get done if I have some sketches in front of me!  So now I have about 15 printed out to work on!  :)


I LOVE the sketches over at Skissedilla.  The page above is based on this sketch:




While browsing for challenges, I also came across the colors challenge at Freckled Fawn.  The colors were PERFECT for the Soleil collection from Basic Grey that I just got from winning on the BG blog a few weeks ago.  So I ALSO entered this into the BG "arrows" challenge.



I was supposed to go to a crop this Sat., but it got cancelled.  I convinced hubby to let me have a few hours to scrap, anyways, so hopefully I can work on some things that I WANT to!!!  Hope you have a great weekend!!

10 comments:

Brandy Layton said...

Audrey this is fantastic! I love the vertical banner!

ScrapArtDesign said...

hihi what a funny pictures! Love your page!

orange gearle said...

This is beautiful. I absolutely love it. The photos are yummy! The vertical banner, the hearts punched out of the photo, the colors, the paint, all of it...thank you for sharing!

orange gearle said...

This is beautiful. I absolutely love it. The photos are yummy! The vertical banner, the hearts punched out of the photo, the colors, the paint, all of it...thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love this! It has such great direction to it! Miss Charlotte looks simply adorable too!

Tracey said...

I just adore this layout!! So fun!!

Diana Waite said...

FUNNY girl!! GREAT layout WAY to highlight some wonderful pictures!

Unknown said...

Such a fun page! I really like the border with the washi and paper banners.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH, love your take on the sketch and that banner element! AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining me and the Skissedilla fun this week! - Ashli :)

Arnlaug said...

I LOVE this page! It is so much fun and colorful!

And the pic is to cute:-)

Thanks for playing along with us at Skissedilla this week:-)