Thursday, September 5, 2013

Paddlin'...up the lake...

Look at this goofy girl with the goggles on and trying to paddle the tube.   She's a riot!   She doesn't even swim with goggles....

 



I played along this week with the Skissedilla sketch challenge just because!!!   I still have SO many summer photos to use up, and I am really going to try to tackle my summer papers stash to make way for all the new goodies coming my way soon!  :)  My summer layouts seem to have a pattern:  blues, yellows, and sequins.  I am hooked on the sequins and how they give my water pages a bit of sparkle.



On the background, I added some bright blue water colors, and then went over it with a circle stencil and some white paint and Frosted Sorbet from Art Anthology to give it some texture. I splattered some yellow and navy mists, and used a small polka dot stamp with some black ink.


I actually used some scraps that were sitting on my desk, along with some papers from my stash (mostly Studio Calico and Crate Paper).  Then I dug through my bin of die cuts and chipboard and found a few other pieces that worked, like these pennants from Basic Grey.



Even though summer is technically over, I will still be posting quite a lot over the next few weeks!

Stay scrappy my friends!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Aww...something about goggles makes it feel more official! Love your layout and all the different versions of polka dots!

Jennifer Grace said...

Great page, it looks like she's having fun! I love the polka dot stamping you did in the background! x

Kinà said...

WOW!! It's amazing, so colourful and there are so many little details....I love it! xox

Asil said...

Oooooh, layers! Love them! And your stiching! And the cute details on your background!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous page! I love how bright it is, fantastic layers on the background as well as the papers.

Laetitia67 said...

great colors, great photo ... great apage :) love it :)
thanks for playing with us at skissedilla ;)
bizzzzzzzzz

Scarlett said...

Terrific summer page Audrey! I love that photo - too cute!! Love all your layering and stitching details. The sequins are fab too - love me some sequins. ;) Thanks so much for joining us at Skissedilla. :D Scarlett

Alina said...

Such a cool layout! Love it!